- Download 0
- File Size 32.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date November 1, 2022
- Last Updated August 22, 2023
Dexterit-E 3.9.4 targets two important fixes in the Task Development Kit (TDK) (i.e. you must re-compile your tasks to incorporate these fixes)
Kinarm Gaze Tracker records only NaN for Gaze Position
Dexterit-E 3.9.4 contains a critical bug fix for users of the Kinarm Gaze Tracker. Under certain conditions, Simulink models will only record NaN values for the gaze position. You are only affected by this problem if:
1. You compile your tasks with MATLAB R2019b, AND
2. Your task has compile time optimizations on: Hardware Settings -> Code Generation -> Compiler optimization level = Optimizations on (faster runs))
Note: it is also possible to see this problem while the task is running. If this bug affects your task, then in Dexterit-E you will not see the green cross that represents the subject’s gaze position.
For the bug fix to work you will need to:
1. Install the Dexterit-E 3.9.4 Task Development Kit
2. In MATLAB 2019b navigate to the folder where the Simulink model for your task is located
3. Run cleanslrt() at the MATLAB prompt (this script removes all intermediate generated files)
4. Compile your task.
Additionally, this bug affected two Kinarm Standard Tests: Arm Motion Matching and Elbow Stretch. In Dexterit-E 3.9.0 to 3.9.3, if your Robot Computer was configured to use MATLAB 2019b then those two KST would not collect gaze data. These two KST are now fixed as part of the Dexterit-E 3.9.4 release.
National Instruments 6071e and 6713
Dexterit-E 3.9.4 also contains a critical fix for users of the National Instruments 6071e and 6713. This issue only affects those who use Kinarm’s version of these blocks (i.e. in the Dexterit-E -> KINARM I/O sub-library). The digital I/O blocks for these cards do not properly generate or record signals. Tasks that use these blocks must be recompiled.